Thursday, April 12, 2007

King Felix- Wow, what a performance, love the story of how he came into camp looking slim and the whole organization was on the phone with each other asking if they had seen what hernandez looked like. Lost in this is that Matsuzaka is going to be a very good pitcher as well as he is not easily rattled by the big pressure situations. I still want to see him vs. the yankees before I am totally sold but he has got some filthy stuff.

NFL schedule- I will admit I like looking at who my team is playing, but have we taken it too far when ESPN is running a special on "schedule release day" as they are calling it. I think it is way to premature. I liked when they started doing the On the Clock segments because we had some experts giving us their take on the draft, but predicting the best matchups? Not buying what they are selling.

Metropolitan Meltdown- Yes I watched and saw first hand what was the demolition of Oliver Perez. After dominating the Braves last week he and John Maine, to a lesser extent, had a bit of a breakdown against the Phillies. I will say this, as bad as it was for the Mets they only lost 5-2. I will also say this: Paul Loduca knows how to protect his pitchers. A disgruntled Loduca said after the game: "You guys are going to write about how bad the pitching is, but why don't you write about the fact our bats are cold...umm no paul the mets lead the nl in runs and second in avg. Sorry not buying it

No comments: