Friday, April 13, 2007

Hockey- As a rangers fan I love our first win in ten years. Jagr's post game quote is great. "I did not want to score the first goal because we always lose when I do," it is such a good example of why Shannahan not Jagr should be wearing the C, but thats a whole other debate for another time. Big time PK by the blueshirts killing of a 6-4 for the last 1:11. Big W for the Sabres, though Wade Dublewicz came to play, and the Islanders offense did not. I like the Flames chances because they have Kirusoff in net, but once again lik the Isles they need to back him up with some goals and they did not. As for the Lightning, if you get 3 past Martin Brodeur in a playoff game, you have got to come away with the W no other way around it.

Imus axed- Good, I am glad to see him gone and I am sure he will go to Sirius or XM in the next six months, but I am more concerned with ESPN covering up Stuart Scott's remark on one of their own show's Mike and Mike in the morning where he claimed that rappers who use the word ho use it "in an affectionate way." If Scott truly believes this, than there are some major double standard issues here that need to be discussed in some type of forum. I appluad the Rutgers team for taking this all in stride and saying all the right things, it is good to know they will not be affected by Imus' remarks.

Kobe- Even 50 cannot do it against the Clips, which means I am officially not worried of them upsetting a team like the Suns or Spurs in the first round. Fact is Kobe needs another superstar forward or center on the roster to get a fourth ring. I truly believe Buss and Jackson know this and that had a lot to do with why they did not pull the trigger on the Jason Kidd deal. They know they may have a potential gem in Bynum down low and do not want to sacrifice the future for a pass first PG, when they already have a pass first point guard in smush parker who I think could score 15-17 a night on a team that is not the Lakers, and yes being at GW in the A-10 I always give my Atlantic-10 love to a guy like Smush who is from Fordham.

Nats win- but the real question is this, will they top the Mets. Here is why I tink they can:
1. Manny Acta was an awful choice for manager despite what everyone believes. I did not believe he was a competent third base coach and I also know he should have become a bench coach under a guy like Willie Randolph before trying to do his own thing in D.C.

2. They play the Mets, Braves, Phillies and Marlins 19 times each. They will lose 15 to both the Mets and Braves and 13 to the Phillies and Marlins. Thatsonly twenty wins right there. They still need thirty more and their interleague schedule has Minnesota, Baltimore, Toronto, Detroit and Cleveland. They will lose all five of those series.

In any event more on this as it unfolds.

Mets- Big W as well as Glavine outduels Moyer in the AARP game.

Will be back for the weekend enjoy the hockey plaoffs....oh wait thats right they are on TSN, CBC, VERSUS

No comments: