Thursday, April 5, 2007

Breaking News: Donovan shocks most, including myself, by deciding to stay with Florida. I understand that Jeremy Foley is a superb Athletic Dirctor and there is something to be said for building a legacy in Gainesville, but he had a chance to be one of the greatest ever if he could revitalize what is currently a stagnant Kentucky Basketball program. My only question is does Billy Donovan know something about the future of his talented starting five that we do not. More to come on this.

Listen to Half Jewish Sports Today from 4-6PM by going to gwradio.com and clicking listen live at the top of the page. We Will be having the coach of the South African WBC team and a member of the Oakland Athletics scotuing department Rick Manyante.

I could not be more please with all the Eddie Robinson coverage though I will admit my youth never allowed me to understand how truly influential he was for many in the south who wanted a better life and used football as their outlet.

Someone forgot to send the New York Mets a memo that their starting pitching is their weak spot. Once again too many analysts with not enough to say so they all love to repeat the same thing; the mets have weak pitching and yes I realize it is three games into the season, but mark my words this pitching staff is going to be better than anyone presumed. I see 15 wins from both Glavine and Maine, 13 form both Perez and Hernandez, 10 from Pelfrey and 5-6 from Pedro when he returns.

As for my picks, I hope you all enjoy them and yes they were made last Friday and I had not posted them until two games into the season. I think the Cardinals getting beat bad is going to be more of a recurring theme than I presumed and the Rangers will finish in last place, their pitching is that bad.

Bonds hits 735, nice work but the team lost the game which is more important to me, and am I the only one who is sick of people trying to guess the date of when Bonds breaks Aaron's record. As I say this I am sure Vegas is having a ball with this "date-guessing" I am calling it for the Bonds chase. Not even Bonds will call it a chase claiming he needs to hit 750 before it can be "Called a chase."

Back for more tomorrow. Enjoy your days and listen to Half Jewish

No comments: