Thursday, June 14, 2007

US OPEN PREDICS

I do believe that Tiger Woods will be in contention but I am not going to pick him to win. My gut is telling me to pick Rory Sabbatini and that is my man. My big sleeper pick is Steve Stricker who i believe is going to have a great tournament, and Sergio Garcia is not going to make the cut. Other than that, let the predictions go as they will. Any man bold enough to call out Tiger Woods is going to be in contention to win a US Open on a course this hard, but in the back of my mind Steve Stricker is one of the best putters in the PGA and that bodes well for the course with the hardest greens in the country. Look for Furyk and Adam Scott to make some noise as well.

The mets look awful. It is sad these days being a mets fan but people have been asking me if I am down on this team. Memo to all baseball fans (mostly yankee fans) it is June 14th!!!!! Their is over three months of baseball to be played, and the fact that both the hitting and pitching is struggling hand-in-hand is a good thing in the long run. It means that both will eventually pan out around the same time, while if one were still performing the other were not, they could potentially flip flop. Reyes and Beltran will come around, Delgado might not but that still means 25 home runs 95 rbi's and a .275 average which I will take when you consider Wright will hit 30 home runs with 100 rbi's and close to a .300 average.

Willie needs to get loduca back in that two spot as quickly as possible because:
a) putting him 6 is hurting his value
b) putting him 6 is hurting reyes' value

It worked last year, why mess with a good thing. Put Green 6 now, and then keep Valentin at the 7 spot with either Gomez, Ledee or Milledge in left when he returns. Or go back to an earlier post where I reccomend dealing a pitching prospect either Delios Guerra or Kevin Mulvey for Jorge Cantu. Mulvey has looked great though so we might need more the Cantu, but either way Valentin is 37.

The yankees look hot, but something tells me that a subway series is just the cure to wake a met team that looks like they are just going through the motions right now. Clippard Glavine saturday, you have to give the Mets the advantage and el duque against his former club sunday night and going against Wang, that will be a great ESPN Sunday night baseball game.

Enjoy the weekend, here is to not at all caring about the NBA Finals, and yes I was wrong with my Cavaliers pick, but then again I saved myself because I claimed Cleveland needed to win for Lebron to be THE NEXT MJ and he is not there yet, on his way, maybe, but not there yet

No comments: